What you eat has great significance for both treatment response and the basis for improvement.
We depend on the major international AREDS study on diet, vitamins and minerals that provide a good basis for a comprehensive treatment process.
There are some rules of thumb that are useful to keep in mind with eye diseases and treatment thereof.
Basically we recommend to have a diet that contains a lot of fresh, highly colored vegetables.
Otherwise, this is the first points we often mention:
- Avoid processed foods from fast food etc..
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Wear sunglasses when there is bright light or sunny outside
- Avoid smoking
- Increase intake of good fats; such as from olives and avocados
- Reduce intake of coffee
- Awareness of stress
- Increase physical activity if one is much still